Monday, September 17, 2012

Part 2, continued.

I then thought, “my case manager most likely has in her experience passed gas at one time or another, so I'll just play it safe, and pretend nothing has happened”.

That was a key for me in these difficult times: we are all human, and, therefore nothing human is alien to us, not even the embarrassing fact of passing gas!


I blandly passed the time scanning items such as books, even moving some items to clearance, as I was instructed to do.
Then one day, I was wearing a little pouch on my neck, and I misplaced my keys If I recall correctly.
I was frantic! I did not know what to do. I carefully retraced my steps throughout the warehouse, wondering if I somehow locked them in my new locker.
In my mind, I knew I did not do that, but I gently concurred that that it was a possibility, and I of course, your hero, was very gaseous.
My case manager eventually found my keys, and I was overjoyed, calling them “my little precious babies”, or something to that effect.
I was immediately horrified that she thought I had been talking about her, not my keys!
She just laughed. And smiled politely.
A few minutes later, I was called by another supervisor to see if I could successfully remove hard drives from donated laptops, which I was able to eventually somehow or another able to do.
There were thousands of laptops, and I had a dream of doing nothing but laptops, all day, day after day. Month after month. Year after year…
I was rudely awakened from my reverie, and told kindly, quite kindly as matter of fact, that seeing how one of my “E-Commerce Associates” had the key to the main computer room, which was in fact, just a large chain-link fence surrounding the area, and it was in a large warehouse. So, I trudged blearily back to books, hiding although not too well my disappointment.

END OF PART 2

1 comment: